DMCA & Legal Info

DMCA & Legal information.

DMCA Policy

Shotachan.net honors legitimate DMCA takedown requests only. Shotachan.net is in compliance with 17 U.S.C. 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). It is our policy to respond to any infringement notices and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws. The following must be included in your copyright infringement claim:
  • You must identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted works.
  • Sufficient contact information so that we may contact you, including your name, email address, and physical mailing address.
  • A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
  • Must be signed by the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.

On the DMCA and fair use

Service DMCA complaints to legal@shotachan.net. Do yourself a favor and read about the requirements for a DMCA request before bothering to try and service one. A primary requirement for a DMCA request is a legal return address that we may file counternotices to. This is obligatory, because proceedings cannot continue without a counternotice. If you do not meet the minimum requirements for a legal DMCA notice, it is unlikely I will dignify your incomplete DMCA notice with a reply.

Defamation, misc. legal concerns

Before you even waste my time with your frivolous legal issues, keep in mind these points.
  • We are protected by 47 U.S.C. § 230. This means that the posters on this website own their content, not me, and are legally liable for any defamation they commit. You will not win a legal suit against me.
  • I will never surrender any information on my users unless I am subpoenaed.
  • I am an insane person on the Internet with no assets. There is nothing you can take from me.
  • Published
    Oct 19, 2018
  • Page views

Top Bottom