Closed RP Elf Help (SqueezeableChibi)

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
(I hope this intro is okay. It seemed to be the time of year for it :p )

"Did you hear about the haunted house?" The school cafeteria was bustling, but the conversation over tables was lively. One group of students in particular were sitting over their food and sharing campus gossip, something they did fairly frequently. Outside the cafeteria, the leaves were being raked into piles and the air had a crispness to it that suggested an early snow. It was that time of year, and so it wasn't surprising that several of the other students merely rolled their eyes.

"The college haunted house is ALWAYS lame," one youth said with a laugh. "Come on...they're still doing the trick with the spaghetti and the peeled grapes and that one's been around for DECADES. I went last year, and the year before that, and I'm not going again this year."

"No, no!" the woman who'd been speaking initially shook her head frantically. "That's not what I mean at all. The frat house, out by the edge of campus, the one that was abandoned after all the plumbing issues last year? There's a rumor going around that it's actually haunted. Lights in the windows, doors slamming, even cold spots."

There were dubious looks from everyone around the table and soon everyone was shaking their heads. "Ghosts aren't real," a bookish-looking girl insisted firmly. "Come on, Alice...don't be silly. They're totally unscientific. It's probably just someone sneaking in there to...well...you know. Or take drugs. Or...I dunno, just play a prank. No way is it a ghost."

The argument went on at some point and finally, inevitably, one of them dared the others to go in and have a look. One-by-one, the group agreed to go along with the plan. The building wasn't precisely off-limits after all, though it was technically closed. It was supposed to be locked up, but one of the others knew a way to get a key, and they agreed to meet that night by the back door. The first girl seemed satisfied at the expedition, glancing over to the last member of their group who had stayed silent until now. "You coming?"

Butt Bux
฿18,283
Hikari Aladdin Yahiko Ikki
*The gangly, 20-year old blond adjusted this spectacles and looked around the cafeteria. Fearing that someone would hear him, he whispered to the closest girl* “Okay, if I can sneak past the RA, it’s a done deal. Just please don’t chicken out on me this time. I don’t wanna be the butt of another one of your dumb jokes.” *Internally, he scowled. He was often simgled out for many a cruel Halloween or April Fool’s prank.*

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
There were a few cheeky grins from some of the others as they remembered pranks they'd played on their friend before, but they hadn't meant any harm then and now even less, for there was no prank intended this time, only a genuine desire to find out what was actually happening in the abandoned dorm. There were agreements made and they parted company once they'd finished eating, everyone planning for the evening.

As it happened, the RA wasn't terribly vigilant. He did a predictably quick check and then went to his room to study and didn't stir for the rest of the evening. Others were similarly fortunate, and soon the group had gathered at the entrance to the old house. One of them had indeed gotten a key and unlocked the door. "Should we stay together, or split up?"

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
The others all nodded in agreement. After all, no one left without their phones these days. A few took them out to show them off, and soon the group was splitting up to search the house. One of them made the inevitable Scooby Doo reference, and the others all laughed as they walked indoors.

Indoors the place was surprisingly clean and free of dust. Either the house was being cleaned often or something else was going on here. Unbeknownst to the seekers, eyes watched from the walls and tiny figures hurried from room to room, whispering a message.

A little boy with pointed ears and honey-colored hair sat up in a room toward the back of the house, a makeshift bed was in one corner, made from a pile of discarded clothes and looking like a nest. The boy rose to his feet and stretched. Well...it looked like he had guests. He'd been getting bored anyway, time to have a bit of fun.

Butt Bux
฿18,283
*The gangly brunet opened the front door and stepped into what seemed like a reading room. Hundreds of tomes were there on shelves or laying about. Now, the young man loved to read, It was, in fact, his favorite activity. So, he completely forgot about his mission and decided to read a strangely ornate book about elven lore and other faerie stories.* “Hmmmm...how exciting!” *he thought to himself*

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
The boy was unseen as he slid into the room. Only the touch of iron could break his spell, or a more powerful spellcaster, and this handsome young man was no mage, clearly. He was one of the first people that the boy had seen in the past several weeks though, up close at least. Oh he'd seen plenty passing by below for a glimpse at the 'haunted' house, but none had really come inside. Well, he had to introduce himself properly now, didn't he?

With a mischievous grin, he twirled a finger around and the book rose from the scholar's hand, a pen rising from the desk as well. The pen began to dart across a piece of paper on the desk, seeming to write notes as pages of the book flipped on its own.

'Nonsense'
'Fake'
'Doesn't work that way'
'Amateur'
Then a pause.
'The writer, not you.'

Butt Bux
฿18,283
*The man just gazed in bewilderment, then gave an amused chuckle* “Well...” *his eyes darted about the room very quickly and he tried to take the book* “I...I suppose I’m a bit of an amateur as well....I love reading about things like that...distant kingdoms in far-off lands, an invisible world only dicerning eyes can see...I guess that makes me a bit of a dreamer...but I’m okay with that.”

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
The boy's cheeks puffed out from where he stood in the room unseen and he stomped his foot in a display of frustration. Darn it, it used to be that humans were EASY to scare. Make a few things float and they'd run screaming while wailing about the devil and damnation. Clearly in the time he'd been away, humans had become made of sterner stuff. Well...he wasn't done just yet, he was just getting started.

Books rose and flew through the air around the man as if in a sudden wind that blew his hair around. "Umm...WHO DARES DISTURB ME? Puny human, what do you wish here?"

Sadly, he was a little out of practice. He was so focused on this new feat of magic that he lost the focus on the spell that made him invisible so the little boy was clearly seen. "I am a great spirit...fear me!"

Butt Bux
฿18,283
*The man looked down at the elf lad. Certainly, the boy was handsome in his youthfulness and there was something that was refreshing in his attempt to scare him. However, this was no time to be getting sentimental, so he replied sarcastically as he gazed down at the boy* “Ooh, I’m soo scared.” *This was said playfully, and not meant to be a taunt*

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
(Just so you're aware, I'm leaving on Monday for vacation. I will respond when I get back but won't have a computer while I'm away. I get back Tuesday the 23rd.)

The boy looked around frantically as the man addressed him directly. "Wh-wha-aaaah!" Umm...pay no attention to my...ah...my...oh hell." His ears almost drooped and he lowered his head with a sigh, realizing that he was beaten. Curses! He truly was out of practice at playing these pranks, and now he was in trouble. He looked up at the human, who was regarding him with amusement, and scratched the back of his head, laughing. "Oops. Umm...just a prank, sorry."

Butt Bux
฿18,283
(It’s okay. Have fun wherever you’re going!)

*The man knelt down so that he could lookthe boy in the eyes. Then, he smiled warmly*

“There’s no harm done, so you’re all right. I honestly can’t believe I’m talking to an elf right now....” *Then, his smile faded and the light seemed to go out of his eyes*

“H-have you had to scare away humans for long? I mean, how long have you been here. and why? Did someone force you to come here?”

*He twiddled his thumbs sheepishly* “I suppose I’m making a lot of assumptions, huh? Would you care to set me straight?”

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
(Slight change of plans, was able to bring my laptop with me so can post when I'm not doing other things.)

He chuckled nervously, looking rather embarrassed. Damn it, he'd been caught. |He wasn't SUPPOSED to be caught by a human, they weren't even supposed to know that his people existed. "Yep, real elf," he said. "Well...that's one of the human names for us anyway. Please don't tell anyone you saw me, okay? I could get in trouble."

He looked away as the other started asking awkward questions. "Well...ah...I've been here about four months now," he admitted. "Nowhere else to go. It's not so much that someone really FORCED me to come here as I needed somewhere to hide for awhile. I kinda...sorta...made someone important really mad at me and when she gets mad heads tend to roll. I didn't think she'd look for me out here. Scaring people was just something to do, and a way to keep people away from my hiding place."

Butt Bux
฿18,283
*The man looked at the boy with concern and then placed his hand over his heart* “I promise not to reveal the location of where you live. If I do, you may choose whatever punishment you like to inflict on me.”

*He then got a worried look on his face* “Uh-oh....there are other people here as well...you might want to think about scaring them off. *he brightened up a bit* Actually, I kinda want to see that...if you don’t mind.”

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
The boy stared at the older man for a moment, flummoxed. This man...was he...was he...really that careless? "You should be careful what sorts of bargains you make you know," he said, his tone light but worry in his eyes. "You never know when someone might decide to take you up on them." Making deals with the fair folk was rarely a wise idea when the deal was that open-ended.

"Yeah, the others..." he said, turning his attention toward the door. "Don't worry, I've already got something set up for them and it should be happening right about...now."

Down below, the others had slowly been lured by several careful illusions back to the hallway landing and the boy motioned for his guest to follow, wrapping them both in invisibility so that they could watch what would happen. As they watched, the large door to the living room suddenly became a fang-fillwed maw that shrieked "GET...OUT!" and the students screamed and ran for the door as fast as their legs could carry them.

Butt Bux
฿18,283
*The man cackled wildly* “Oh....that was great fun!” *he exclaimed, brushing a mirth-filled tear from his eye*

*Then, the man scratched the back of his neck* “I...I know my promise seems stupid and foolhardy...but...well...I wanna do right by you. I mean, I know you aren’t weak or anything...but something inside myself makes me want to help you...if I betray you, I deserve to place my life in your hands....I apologize if I haven’t explained it well.” *he blushed and hung his head*

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
The boy looked very pleased with himself and brushed off his hands casually as though it had been nothing impressive at all...though to him it clearly was. "They just wanted to prove there was nothing really here," he said with a smirk. "So all we had to do was prove that there really WAS something and they ran as fast as their legs could carry them." He glanced out the window to make sure no one was hurt and saw them running wildly away in a panic.

He turned back to the man thoughtfully. "I'm Tam," he said at last, seeming to accept the man's presence. "I don't think anyone who'd swear an oath like that would be someone who'd do me harm, so...I guess I'll trust you. Why, though? I mean...you don't know me, why do you want to help me?"

Butt Bux
฿18,283
“It’s in my nature to want to help people. It kinda informs. my moral code, as it were. But, I suppose there is a second reason....I find the fair folk fascinating...and I was hoping you could answer some questions....only if you want to, of course.”

*Then, he smiled at the boy* “Tam....that’s a nice name. You may call me Jason. May I shae your hand?” *he extends his habd to Tam*

Butt Bux
฿6,296
Tomoki Reiji Yahiko Ikki
"If I was the sort who'd take advantage of you then I'd be rubbing my hands together, cackling with glee right now," Tam said with a quiet smile, but he chuckled. "You're a nice person...nicer than most of the people I've met. Sure, I can answer some questions. After all, I'm already in trouble with her majesty and she probably won't be any angrier with me than she is already if I go telling."

He held out his smaller hand to Jason. "It's good to have someone to talk to after the last few months. I mean...scaring people off can be fun and all that, but I was starting to get a little tired of having no one to show off to."

Butt Bux
฿18,283
*Jason took Tam’s hand and gently shook it* “Thank you...I think you’re nice too. Also, please show off to me all you’d like. I like seeing magic.”

*He then looked into the elf’s eyes quizzically* “Well....for starters...exactly how old are you? You appear to be about 9 or 10....but I’m sure an elf’s lifespan far surpasses that of a human.”

Top Bottom