Post Upgrade Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Content

Contributor
Butt Bux
฿6,205
Peedee Mac Ben Tim
looks amazing! I am sad about gallery being dead. :( also I like the pre-upgrade watched showing only unread at first then you could click to expand, upgraded seems to so all of them and bold unread still looking to see if there are options to help (attached my list page 1, I have a few unread on page 2 which I wouldn't know at first glance . like has been said by other will take getting you to.....thanks to all those who put the time and effort into the upgrade!

Attachments

Last edited:

UsagiBoy

The Fallen Child
Determination
Donor
Supreme Bunny Overlord
Butt Bux
฿100,125
Maruruk Natt Reg Reg
I like the clarity and the ease of use - BUT - the orange background gives me a headache (true) Pleeeeaaase change it to something a bit more soothing.......

aaaand - on the good side - the pics are loading about a hundred times faster - I love that - thank you.
ShotaCat and I have stated a few times this theme is temporary, the old theme wouldn't work with the new server so he had to make a new one on the fly. New themes will be appearing within the next few weeks and there will be official posts for the release of them.

@Content - the unread posts appear bold, and the read ones are not bold, same as it used to be. Maybe you can clarify the issue in better detail?

Usagi

Tamias

Addicted
Butt Bux
฿3,071
Izumi Kogenta Yamato T.K.
eek! spooky! I mean, uhm, thanks for the hard work guys <3

UsagiBoy

The Fallen Child
Determination
Donor
Supreme Bunny Overlord
Butt Bux
฿100,125
Maruruk Natt Reg Reg
I'm surprised the background is bothering people this much. If you really can't stand it, you can enter the page element within your browser and adblock the image, or do it the easy way:

For Firefox:
1) install adblock plus
2) press Ctrl + Shift + V to open blockable items
3) look for the image you want to hide

For Chrome:
1) Install adblock
2) press F12 and select adblock at the top
3) Refresh page, and it'll show all requested blocks
4) Find the line for the background image, click block image, refresh page, done

Honestly I don't see a problem with it, but this is a solution for everyone who find it unbearable for now.

ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,700
Enta Jinnai Kazuki Yasaka Toi Kuji Ikki
I've increased the post blocks transparency to 90% fill. I keep having to say it's a temporary theme and that a new one will be available shortly. I still need to go buy some licenses for darker themes, which will be done today.

Additionally, I'm resizing full size images to 400px maximum width. No matter, the images are supposed to be constrained to the width of the post box, which resizes by itself depending on your own resolution, browser sizing, etc, so it shouldn't be a problem to begin with, but I digress.

Last edited:

UsagiBoy

The Fallen Child
Determination
Donor
Supreme Bunny Overlord
Butt Bux
฿100,125
Maruruk Natt Reg Reg
I've increased the post blocks transparency to 90% fill. I keep having to say it's a temporary theme and that a new one will be available shortly. I still need to go buy some licenses for darker themes, which will be done today.

Additionally, I'm resizing full size images to 400px maximum width. No matter, the images are supposed to be constrained to the width of the post box, which resizes by itself depending on your own resolution, browser sizing, etc, so it shouldn't be a problem to begin with, but I digress.
I can confirm the images were not stretching my screen on mobile nor Chrome, so the issue was a result of people's customized browsers/add-ons or outdated browsers.

Content

Contributor
Butt Bux
฿6,205
Peedee Mac Ben Tim
ShotaCat and I have stated a few times this theme is temporary, the old theme wouldn't work with the new server so he had to make a new one on the fly. New themes will be appearing within the next few weeks and there will be official posts for the release of them.

@Content - the unread posts appear bold, and the read ones are not bold, same as it used to be. Maybe you can clarify the issue in better detail?

Usagi
@UsagiBoy: Really, It's the same?? It could be, I almost never had them all listed on the old one. When I clicked "watched threads" before ONLY the unread threads showed 1 page (which would update when refreashed to remove those I had now read) and there was a link at the bottom of the page to "show al watched threads" (in my case more than 10 pages). Of course by the time I clicked that button I had already navigated and caught up on unread so there were none bold. Thanks for the reply, :)

Content

Contributor
Butt Bux
฿6,205
Peedee Mac Ben Tim
also anyone experiences strange glitches? I just was browsing fine in forums, then the screen started flashing and I couldn't see anything....I know it loaded because the cursor would change over links but the shotachan page was completely dark (which will scare you). I refreashed a few times and got the same thing. Closed browser and opened new and got here to post again. will screencap and post here if it happens again....

Butt Bux
฿49,298
Sei Damian Hikari Ash
I'm slowly getting used to the new layout, but the background is nice. Why would Mummy Boy try and climb over that fence in the first place?

Butt Bux
฿33,698
Mac Keita Tomoki Haku
Hello,

The upgrade to Xenforo 2 was successful for the most part. It's taking longer to theme the board than it did to actually upgrade the software. The old theme is not compatible with XF2, which I already knew. For now, we have a Halloween theme to stare at and I will throw up a simple dark and light theme within the next 24 hours. There are a few things that are missing because those need some TLC, but they're being worked on and will make their appearance soon as well.

- Themes: Halloween theme for now, a few simpler themes to come, along with others afterwards.
- UI Stuff: There are a lot of graphical things that need to be fixed, but I'm working on them.
- Donation wall, page, etc: Donator info and functions will return soon as well, it just requires some polish.
- Frontpage portal: XF2 has drastically changed the way it works, so it will take some major time to redo it, if I decide to keep it around.

So, I'm sure a lot of people are scratching their heads over why the upgrade was even necessary and what the point is. I'll try to answer that as best I can. The gist of it is we were running a pretty old version of XenForo and it had fallen behind the times. XenForo developers decided to remake XenForo 2 from scratch, so it wasn't as easy as just "upgrading" to a new version with everything intact. Plugins, themes, core functions were completely rewritten. I decided to wait on migrating to XF2 for a pretty long time for a few reasons. One reason is the cards and credits system we use was an absolute headache to deal with and I had to do a lot of research and testing to make sure it would survive a migration. It's one of the most complex parts of the board and it is very easy to break.

While I do like the cards system, after I implemented it on the board, I had a lot of regrets about it. However, I didn't want to yank it away if it could be helped. Thus, I waited forever for XF2 and various other things to mature enough and be in a stable state. Personally, it was very hard to motivate myself to look after the site when feeling trapped with XF1 and wanting to do other things that weren't possible at the time. Being able to finally upgrade to XF2 is definitely a relief and I feel like I can come back and start doing more for the site as a whole.

I spent the last week or so doing backup and restore drills in case everything fell apart today. There might still be bugs and glitches I haven't found before. You can run things in a test environment until you're blue in the face but it will never be the same as production. So, if you see weird things, feel free to PM me the info.

Anyways, with all that being said, I feel confident in finally coming back to the site and putting up massive amounts of content in a more organized and easy to find fashion, along with pushing several quality of life upgrades very soon.

Stay tuned.
Like the bookmarks, missing the logout selector.

Butt Bux
฿38,772
Torajiro Ben Dipper Hinata
also anyone experiences strange glitches? I just was browsing fine in forums, then the screen started flashing and I couldn't see anything....I know it loaded because the cursor would change over links but the shotachan page was completely dark (which will scare you). I refreashed a few times and got the same thing. Closed browser and opened new and got here to post again. will screencap and post here if it happens again....
Earlier this afternoon, every time I clicked a link I would get logged out, and so had to log back in continually. This was annoying, but I assumed that it was just a result of more updating to the site. This turns out to be the case, because when I checked the site out this evening, I was still logged in, and the Halloween theme had been replaced by the Dark Shotachan theme. With a little tinkering, I switched it to Light Shotachan with a dark gray background, which I like a lot. Again, thanks to ShotaCat and whoever else has been working on all the improvements.

Butt Bux
฿60,237
Ash Damian Goku Kiyui
when i tryed to log on there was no log in button had to click a poted screen shot to acess the log in screen

magenta

Sage
VIP
Donor
Butt Bux
฿3,960
Toi Kuji Hinata
Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Fixed.
You are so busy stamping out fires. You are going to need a long vacation soon. And many kudos in the meantime. Or should that be "mean time". It is my hope that everyone here appreciates the sacrifices you go through to keep this site running smoothly. I know I do.
1539905844027.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom