ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,700
Enta Jinnai Kazuki Yasaka Toi Kuji Ikki
@ShotaCat
Did you change something with the email notifications during server move? I no longer get email notifications. Neither for threads I watch nor for personal messages. Everything worked fine before the server move and I didn't change something in my profile settings. I don't know what's going wrong there. :confused:
I forgot to mention: I also don't see any email related settings in my profile. Maybe I need glasses?
The glorious thing about self-hosting emails and having dedicated servers is that a big chunk of the time it gets blacklisted by some free email providers. It's a constant struggle to get off of those lists, so I eventually gave up. I plan on trying to fix this issue by having our server handle emails through Google Business or something. Not sure just yet.
Until then, I'd suggest changing your email to something like gmail to get notifications if they're important.

Bombon

Addicted
Butt Bux
฿19,096
Yamatonokami Aladdin
@ShotaCat
I have the same issue as @mkw2013 since server moved. I have no emails about new posts in subscribed topics, new threads creation in observed subforums, no notification about new PMs. Never had that issue before. My email box for SC isn't some shitty email provider I think. Funny thing is that I did received one email about new topic, and one about new message in thread I subscribed (to that thread I was subscribed before server moving) since server moved. So I'm puzzled now. I've carefully chosen email especially for this site, I wouldn't want change it for gmail (or similar not really safe in my opinion email provider) so they could read my PMs :/
Is there anything I can do about that issue now as a user?

mkw2013

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿87,233
Ben Ikuto Yahiko Tim
The glorious thing about self-hosting emails and having dedicated servers is that a big chunk of the time it gets blacklisted by some free email providers. It's a constant struggle to get off of those lists, so I eventually gave up. I plan on trying to fix this issue by having our server handle emails through Google Business or something. Not sure just yet.
Until then, I'd suggest changing your email to something like gmail to get notifications if they're important.
GMX.net doesn't blacklist Shotachan, I have asked there and got a clear reply: "maybe blocked by your personal spam filter but not blacklisted by us, we do not ban, we do only filter suspicious mails but with notifications if you enabled notifications about that". If a mail ends up in my spam filter (by header filtering or also by my own blacklist) I get a information about this (every 24 hours). Shotachan was never listed there. And: registered in my personal White List, for that also the internal filters of the provider are ignored and disabled.

Changing my email to gmail (Google)? Want to kidding me? No end-to-end encryption, Google has the right to read everything you transmit and store there? Sorry, if that's a honest meant suggestion of you, then you're sick in the head! Who trusts Google can be nothing else than a blind dork in security, sorry.

Thats not ment as ranting or complaint, that's my personal opinion. And I have enough experience with that, believe me...

Harlequin

Guru
Donor
Butt Bux
฿2,252
King King King King
GMX.net doesn't blacklist Shotachan, I have asked there and got a clear reply: "maybe blocked by your personal spam filter but not blacklisted by us, we do not ban, we do only filter suspicious mails but with notifications if you enabled notifications about that". If a mail ends up in my spam filter (by header filtering or also by my own blacklist) I get a information about this (every 24 hours). Shotachan was never listed there. And: registered in my personal White List, for that also the internal filters of the provider are ignored and disabled.

Changing my email to gmail (Google)? Want to kidding me? No end-to-end encryption, Google has the right to read everything you transmit and store there? Sorry, if that's a honest meant suggestion of you, then you're sick in the head! Who trusts Google can be nothing else than a blind dork in security, sorry.

Thats not ment as ranting or complaint, that's my personal opinion. And I have enough experience with that, believe me...
I use mail.com

Butt Bux
฿4,163
Reg Hiccup Satoru Naruto

Harlequin

Guru
Donor
Butt Bux
฿2,252
King King King King
I use mail.com too and it has a similar platform as gmx I guess.
Anyway I don't receive updates, as happen to @mkw2013
It works for you @Harlequin ?
To be fair, my comment wasn't really helpful as I don't have email alerts active as I'm always on the site lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom