New Feature Shota Cards + FAQ

ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,671
Enta Jinnai Kazuki Yasaka Toi Kuji Ikki

Hello! As you might be aware, there is a new feature on the site. You can now earn "Butt Bux" and collect cards based on shota characters.
I hope this FAQ will clear some things up. I will add questions as they come to me if I find them relevant to the FAQ.

What is this and why?
This is simply a card collecting feature. It is just an extra thing to do on the site at your leisure. A shotacon forum from the early 2000's had a similar feature and that is the inspiration behind this.

What are Butt Bux?
Butt Bux is a virtual currency now used on Shotachan. You can earn them by being active on the site. Once you earn enough Butt Bux, you can go to the card shop and buy cards to display on your postbit under your name.

How do I earn Butt Bux?
Earning Butt Bux is easy. Here's a list of current triggers to earn Butt Bux.
  • Daily Login
  • Receive Like
  • Vote on poll
  • Followed by another member
  • Rate Downloads
  • Upload to Downloads section
  • Daily Bank Interest
More ways to earn will be added soon.

What do the card levels mean?
Card levels are simply an indicator on how costly or rare they are. The higher the number, the more it usually costs. Level is also arbitrarily given based on the show itself. An example is Mac from Foster's House of Imaginary friends is Level 1 because it's a kid's show. Killua is Level 5 because he is from a popular long running anime and manga with violence. Overall, he is a very popular character so his value is high. Please do not stress about levels, they're not really that important.

Card & Currency Mechanics
This new card collecting system has a handful of mechanics to manipulate. Here is a short list of useful things you should keep an eye on.
  • Bank - Depositing Butt Bux in your bank allows you to collect 2% daily interest.
  • Inventory - The inventory displays which cards you have. In this inventory screen you're able to toggle cards you own. Toggling them allows you to enable & disable displaying them on your postbit. You can also do things like sell extra cards for 20% of their original value. You can gift cards of Level 3 or less to other members.
  • Trading - Coming soon
  • Lotteries - Coming soon

Can you add a card I want?
Most likely. There will be hundreds of shota cards at some point. More will be added constantly over time. However, there are requirements for cards.
  1. Character must be from anime, manga, cartoon, comic, or videogame.
  2. Card artwork must be original artwork or artwork that is close to the original design & style.
  3. ShotaCat is one cat and he is the only one creating cards, please keep this in mind.

This FAQ did not answer my question. Can I ask for more info?
Please do so. You can reply to this thread or PM me. If I find your question useful I will probably add it to the FAQ itself.

Card Requests
Please see this thread for more info.

Last edited:

Bhaal

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿4,510
Shippo Haku Ness Kogenta
I have two questions:
1. Why not all cards can be gifted?
2. Will there be any cards with dragons? I have a few friends that I will give such card.

ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,671
I have two questions:
1. Why not all cards can be gifted?
2. Will there be any cards with dragons? I have a few friends that I will give such card.
Prevents richer members from buying all cards for another member. That takes the fun out of earning cards.
I'm not sure if there will be a card with dragons. If you think of any shota character that might have dragons let me know.

Bhaal

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿4,510
Shippo Haku Ness Kogenta

Bhaal

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿4,510
Shippo Haku Ness Kogenta
I forgot about Atreyu from "Neverending Story" He flown on dragon.

Bhaal

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿4,510
Shippo Haku Ness Kogenta
Eragon, of course. But Dragon in this book was female. Boy was cute.

Schitzcoi

Enthusiast
Donor
Butt Bux
฿84
Gumball Reg Tim Yugo
I don't know, if getting buttbux points for likespam is a good idea. People don't like posts anymore, because they are likeble, they like them because they earn buttbux.

Bhaal

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿4,510
Shippo Haku Ness Kogenta
@Schitzcoi - I have not noticed (yet) changes in the behavior of the Shotachan members. I hope that will not be like you say.

Schitzcoi

Enthusiast
Donor
Butt Bux
฿84
Gumball Reg Tim Yugo
@Schitzcoi - I have not noticed (yet) changes in the behavior of the Shotachan members. I hope that will not be like you say.
I allready noticed likespam in the forum. But i don't tell the names of these people now. The thing is as an example, if i draw pictures and share them to the artist forum, i am glad to see, when people enjoy my works and like them, because it's worth. But if they like my pictures now, i can never be sure again, is it a "true" like, or only for buttbux points.

Vulfen

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿11,032
Sei King Natt Kiyui
I don't know, if getting buttbux points for likespam is a good idea. People don't like posts anymore, because they are likeble, they like them because they earn buttbux.
maybe getting them for receiving it instead of giving it would be a better idea... then.
Remember, it is buttbux, not dickbux.

ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,671
I haven't really noticed any like spam, not enough to differ from the like spam before butt bux was introduced. Some people like literally every post.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've been monitoring transactions pretty closely and really don't see much of a difference. I even have charts in case I'm blind to numbers. There is a slight increase of likes, but nothing major so far, and increases have happened in the past as well.

Masamune

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿267,746
Kogenta Yahiko Haku Ikki
I haven't really noticed any like spam, not enough to differ from the like spam before butt bux was introduced. Some people like literally every post.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've been monitoring transactions pretty closely and really don't see much of a difference. I even have charts in case I'm blind to numbers. There is a slight increase of likes, but nothing major so far, and increases have happened in the past as well.
I have the same impression of @ShotaCat and @Bhaal , although perhaps @Schitzcoi has some reason. In any case it is a novelty recently implanted and still has to roll by the community. Giving a vote of confidence to the novelty and to the members of the community would be well. Many in addition to using the "like" button usually comment below. When the system has been in use long enough, changes will surely be made, all depends on the good and sincere suggestions that we make.

jay19

Adept
Scanlations Team
Donor
Butt Bux
฿118,003
Charlie Brown Reg Ikki Sawyer
Hmm ... As someone who does press the like button more because of ButtBux. I'm not sure if I would fall under your category of spamming likes. In the past,

if I liked something there would only be a 25% chance that I would press the like button, meaning that I had to like the post which is 50-50 and then I had to bother pressing the button again 50-50 and if I remember my probabilities correctly that's a one-fourth chance. Now if I like something there's 100 % chance I will press it.

If I don't like your post, I'm not pressing it. But that's not a problem because there is plenty here to like. I love shota post, cute shotas, naked shotas and my cup run-it-over on this site.

Plus, me giving you a like also give you a ButtBux and speaking as a relatively newbie even before the buttbux I received likes like crazy. In fact before the Butt Bux system was even implemented I turned Like notifications off because I was getting annoyed by it and that's the truth :)

JustAMan

Jackass
Donor
Butt Bux
฿13,300
I can only speak for myelf when I'm saying that I for myself only like posts with artwork in it (excluding reposts, saying how good the image is) and posts which quoted or mentioned me. That didn't change. Sometimes I dig out an old thread and like the artwork in it, which means that I give 10-30 likes at once while the other days giving about 5-10 likes, but that already was that way before Butt Bux. I hope that the majority of members see it from my view as well and don't change their behaviour just for the "money".
To make sure my post is also useful for the thread it is located in, I suggest Aang from "Avatar" as a possible shota card.

jay19

Adept
Scanlations Team
Donor
Butt Bux
฿118,003
Charlie Brown Reg Ikki Sawyer
@Bhaal I've been racking my brain, these last few minutes, to help you out with some more dragon characters... Nothing yet, sorry. Never Ending Story is a great pull thou.
Ugh Jimmy from My Knight and me

and Trenk the littlest Knight

Taran from the Black Cauldron

and this maybe a bit of a cheat but who can forget, Haku!

Last edited:

Top Bottom