What the fuck happened?! Some details inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,671
Enta Jinnai Kazuki Yasaka Toi Kuji Ikki
I honestly don't know where to begin when trying to explain what happened over the last couple of days. The gist of it is that it was one unfortunate event after another. I will explain more in depth in a later post once I catch my breath, but for now here is the quick and dirty list of things you should know.

"What the fuck is this?" some may ask when looking at the forums. Well...it's Xenforo. It's the future. vBulletin is old and dead and we're skipping the funeral. This is one of the things I was working on before our fun hardware failure on Saturday and the shitstorm that landed on my porch. Although, I was going to transition the migration much more gracefully than what you see now.

Some quick info to note about this place:
It has been freshly installed. Some settings may not reflect what we had on the old style of forums. I am working diligently on getting those settings squared away, but if there's an immediate bug or error that you think I should know about, feel free to contact me.

"Where are the downloads?"
They're gone...ish. I have 99% of them since I uploaded most of the old downloads. I haven't had the chance to sort them out for the new system we have here which is the Media and Resources tabs at the top. We'll be able to manage items much more easily here.

"Why Xenforo?"
Most forum software out there is pretty shitty. Xenforo is not. Xenforo is the future and is actively being developed. vBulletin had bugs that were almost a decade old that no one was ever going to address (such as file uploads being out of order). vBulletin's support was abysmal as well. I was ready to bury it long ago.

As I said at the top of the post, I will write about the Saturday Shit Saga that occurred at a later point in time tonight or tomorrow depending on how much time I have.

Butt Bux
฿131
Goku Gohan Trunks Goten
Xenforo certainly is different and may take time for some of us to get used to it, but I think it's cool! I like the new look, and I hope it works better for all members here as well as the staff. I was thinking some idiot tried to hack the Shotachan and destroy it. When you can't get on to your favorite forum for a few days, your imagination tends to run wild. lol

ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,671
We'll be adding more themes including some light ones for people to choose from. This is just something thrown on quick to replace the old dark one on vbulletin since there's no XF version of it.
No one hacked us, thankfully.

More info to come.

magnaman

Adept
Donor
Butt Bux
฿37,331
Hikari Aladdin Yahiko Torajiro
I just noticed that the most recent two or three installments of my 2d comic book It's Cool to Be Cruel are missing. Do you have those backed-up or am I going to have to reload them? And is loading up to 50 images at a time still enabled? All I see is what looks like a single entry type thing, and not the multiple version i'd see under advanced options before.

aspect

Professional Misanthrope
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Donor
Butt Bux
฿25,707
Selim Pride
Do you have those backed-up or am I going to have to reload them?
Any content not already here as far as forum posts are concerned is lost and needs to be re-uploaded.
In the uploader you can multiselect content for upload, it just doesn't tell you that explicitly in the window.

azumi

Guru
Donor
Butt Bux
฿12,178
Hikari Tim Link Sei
It's unfortunate that this sometimes happens to sites, just so GLAD it's back up and running while appreciating the work you guys put into the site all the while
rck.jpg

Cumtroika

3D Moderator
Donor
Butt Bux
฿1,705
Hiccup Yahiko Konta
Hey! Sometimes out of travesty comes gold of necessity. This new forum looks great, so it was fortunate for us that you had a Saturday of Hell. Nice work getting it sorted out so fast, and implementing new software in the process! Xenforo is the future, glad to see you took the time to set it in action here.

Kudos!

- Cumtroika

ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,671
I just noticed that the most recent two or three installments of my 2d comic book It's Cool to Be Cruel are missing. Do you have those backed-up or am I going to have to reload them? And is loading up to 50 images at a time still enabled? All I see is what looks like a single entry type thing, and not the multiple version i'd see under advanced options before.
Yes, sorry for the loss. We had a disk failure happen so some data was not able to be recovered since the auto-backups at the time were only every 12 hours.
You should be able to select multiple files at once when choosing them from your PC or device. 50 is still the limit.

Example:
http://muhfiles.meowia.com/2016-02-23_19-18-29.mp4

Attachments

magnaman

Adept
Donor
Butt Bux
฿37,331
Hikari Aladdin Yahiko Torajiro
Yes, sorry for the loss. We had a disk failure happen so some data was not able to be recovered since the auto-backups at the time were only every 12 hours.
You should be able to select multiple files at once when choosing them from your PC or device. 50 is still the limit.

Example:
http://muhfiles.meowia.com/2016-02-23_19-18-29.mp4
Uhhh... I think you answered my previous question while providing some kind of illustration for my latest one. Since i'm not terribly bright could you run that by me again please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom