What the fuck happened?! Some details inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspect

Professional Misanthrope
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Donor
Butt Bux
฿25,706
Selim Pride
Uhhh... I think you answered my previous question while providing some kind of illustration for my latest one. Since i'm not terribly bright could you run that by me again please?
The answer to your most recent question is most probably using the "Thumbnail" button for inline insertion of images after they're uploaded. If you just post without pressing "Thumbnail" or "Full size" to insert the image inline in the post, it just leaves it in the 'attached' window like in the post you're talking about.

Butt Bux
฿16,451
Tim Hiro Hiccup Hiro
Most forum software out there is pretty shitty. Xenforo is not. Xenforo is the future and is actively being developed. vBulletin had bugs that were almost a decade old that no one was ever going to address (such as file uploads being out of order). vBulletin's support was abysmal as well. I was ready to bury it long ago.

As I said at the top of the post, I will write about the Saturday Shit Saga that occurred at a later point in time tonight or tomorrow depending on how much time I have.
Received and appreciated. I'd been hors de combat owing to illness all through Saturday, meaning that if there had been a warning message issued prior to the changeover effort, I missed it.

Transition to any alternative software suite is invariably going to be difficult. That you've gotten this system up and functional to this extent in only a couple of days is a prodigious achievement. I wasn't complaining before, and I'm not complaining now.

Bhaal

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿4,510
Shippo Haku Ness Kogenta
At the beginning I would like to say:
I thank ShotaCat and all what they put their hard work so that we can recover our forum. Usually I say such a thing only in private but now I think that I say what I think we all (I hope) forum members. I am grateful for your efforts.

To tell the truth I do not like the new look forum. But dear ShotaCat not bother it, please. I am a being who does not like changes. Moroi live very long, and we are concerned only changes. It will take a year or two and I get used to the new look forum. I'm not complaining dear friend. Despite the changes I'm grateful for that restored the forum. You and your coworkers have the blessing of lord Moroi. Unfortunately, only virtual. Live I do let you express your wish.
Once again, I thank you for your work.

Regards Bhaal de Saint-Germain

Butt Bux
฿163
Rolf Tails Tim Hiro
Hi, as you can see Im relatively new here, Is there a Thread for any bugs that need to be reported? And 2, I am using a mobile device, and whilst browsing around, noticed that the asterisk was replaced by some strange symbols. I don't know of that is a common problem or not. I'm just putting it out there, otherwise, thanks for keeping the forum online. When I logged in on the weekend, I though you guys shut down for good. (Part of me thinks you guys suffered a DDoS attack from those SJW extremists.)

Butt Bux
฿163
Rolf Tails Tim Hiro
Hi, as you can see Im relatively new here, Is there a Thread for any bugs that need to be reported? And 2, I am using a mobile device, and whilst browsing around, noticed that the asterisk was replaced by some strange symbols. I don't know of that is a common problem or not. I'm just putting it out there, otherwise, thanks for keeping the forum online. When I logged in on the weekend, I though you guys shut down for good. (Part of me thinks you guys suffered a DDoS attack from those SJW extremists.)
Correction, some articles have weird symbols instead of asterisk and asterisk related characters.

ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,671
Enta Jinnai Kazuki Yasaka Toi Kuji Ikki
We don't have a bug report thread per se. This thread is fine for that purpose for now. I will look into the asterisk problem.

We didn't suffer an attack. We actually transferred servers to prevent any DDoS-attacks.
However, we did encounter a hardware failure and we made some pretty bad mistakes afterwards that crippled us for a bit. I was extremely frustrated at the time so I shut down twitter and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom