What the fuck happened?! Some details inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhaal

Sage
Donor
Butt Bux
฿4,536
Shippo Haku Ness Kogenta
Dear ShotaCat
You are asked to report any bugs. There is a problem with text - Here is an example "“Anything to report?†Riordan asked the mage as they came closer.

“Nothing yet. We have only scouted a little of the cave. It does indeed go into the Deep Roads, and there are traces of Darkspawn as well, but we haven’t seen a live one yet.â€". This is particularly troublesome in fiction section because it place where the text copy and paste it into notepad or Word to print text.

Regards Bhaal

aspect

Professional Misanthrope
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Donor
Butt Bux
฿25,717
Selim Pride
Dear ShotaCat
You are asked to report any bugs. There is a problem with text - Here is an example "“Anything to report?†Riordan asked the mage as they came closer.

“Nothing yet. We have only scouted a little of the cave. It does indeed go into the Deep Roads, and there are traces of Darkspawn as well, but we haven’t seen a live one yet.â€". This is particularly troublesome in fiction section because it place where the text copy and paste it into notepad or Word to print text.

Regards Bhaal
The post looks that way before trying to copy it... it can be edited by the poster to include the correct symbols, but I'm not sure what kind of error caused the oddity in the first place. I don't think that's a forum software issue, though sometimes mobile phones seem to have strange content conversion issues that way. If it becomes a prevalent problem and not unique to that one poster, then we'll take steps to solve it.

magnaman

Adept
Donor
Butt Bux
฿37,346
Hikari Aladdin Yahiko Torajiro
The post looks that way before trying to copy it... it can be edited by the poster to include the correct symbols, but I'm not sure what kind of error caused the oddity in the first place. I don't think that's a forum software issue, though sometimes mobile phones seem to have strange content conversion issues that way. If it becomes a prevalent problem and not unique to that one poster, then we'll take steps to solve it.
We have the same problem at Tieupgames.net whenever text stories are archived. In a sense, that's what happened to the entire site here; though i don't know how widespread it is. It can be fixed by simply deleting the messed up text and copy and paste it from the original source - provided of course that was on the poster's computer and not typed here without a backup. i always type on a word doc on my computer to prevent any losses by any means - including this one.

gmartinez12

Wordsmith
Scanlations Team
Donor
Butt Bux
฿13,521
Enta Jinnai Ben Yahiko 9S
I'm just really glad it wasn't a hostile attack. Thank you so much to shotacat, TRG and the rest of you wonderful mods for keeping our little piece of the internet alive.

I hope i can have some significant contributions to the board soon, and I'm thinking of being a donator too. More power to you, Shotachan.

peter10ns

Contributor
Butt Bux
฿1,175
looking to find out if anybody knows what's wrong with the site. Haven't been able to really access much of anything for about a week looking to see if you guys are having some sort of technical issues or did something happen to my account. ?

Butt Bux
฿16,452
Tim Hiro Hiccup Hiro
Is there - or will there be - any ability to find the equivalent of the "Activity.php" page available with the previous software suite? I'm having a great deal of difficulty in the present set-up keeping track of the most recent days' activity on the site, and I'm sure I'm missing a helluva lot of stuff.

Shuro

Feminazi Fascist
Scanlations Team
Donor
Butt Bux
฿3,377
Reg 9S
Is there - or will there be - any ability to find the equivalent of the "Activity.php" page available with the previous software suite? I'm having a great deal of difficulty in the present set-up keeping track of the most recent days' activity on the site, and I'm sure I'm missing a helluva lot of stuff.

"New Posts"

Philby

Adept
Donor
Butt Bux
฿24,057
Hikari Aladdin Sei Hinata
Grateful that we're back. It'll just take some getting used to the new appearance. I find the background appearing behind the active boxes distracting, and I have never liked reading white print on a black background*, but a lot of sites do it, so I'll just have to adjust. May take me a few years, but...
_________
*Except for signs like A FAR ROCKAWAY or 7 MAIN ST or 3 LANCASTER PARK or N JUDAH (The traditional way of doing destination signs. Now it's all done with dot-matrix lights or some-such frippery.)

ShotaCat

🚬
Administrator
Scanlations Team
Butt Bux
฿82,700
Enta Jinnai Kazuki Yasaka Toi Kuji Ikki
Grateful that we're back. It'll just take some getting used to the new appearance. I find the background appearing behind the active boxes distracting, and I have never liked reading white print on a black background*, but a lot of sites do it, so I'll just have to adjust. May take me a few years, but...
_________
*Except for signs like A FAR ROCKAWAY or 7 MAIN ST or 3 LANCASTER PARK or N JUDAH (The traditional way of doing destination signs. Now it's all done with dot-matrix lights or some-such frippery.)
If you prefer, we have a light theme installed. It's not flashy yet, but it's there.
You can select it near the bottom of the page:

Ichiruu-kun

Addicted
Donor
Butt Bux
฿2,555
Dipper
You sounded seriously stressed & tired so for all the hard work you and many others put in , Yeah , problems can come around and stress levels reach high levels. So thank you to you and the team for the serious work you put into this. The new layout looks cool . Everything evolves , change sometimes has to happen. Thank you Shotacat & everyone else involved

magnaman

Adept
Donor
Butt Bux
฿37,346
Hikari Aladdin Yahiko Torajiro
Something new is wrong. Up to last night I was able to submit up to 50 drawings at a time in one post. But now it won't let me select more than one at a time. What's happening? Is there something different I have to do now to select 50 drawings at a time?
Edit several hours later: Never mind. The problem seems to be resolved now.

Last edited:

Shuro

Feminazi Fascist
Scanlations Team
Donor
Butt Bux
฿3,377
Reg 9S
Something new is wrong. Up to last night I was able to submit up to 50 drawings at a time in one post. But now it won't let me select more than one at a time. What's happening? Is there something different I have to do now to select 50 drawings at a time?
Edit several hours later: Never mind. The problem seems to be resolved now.
Glad we could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom